Monday, February 18, 2008

James' Top 5 Tips For Gaming on the Cheap (game guide part 2)






Hi, I'm James from Nobody's Listening Podcast (http://nlcast.com/). I, like you, am a gamer with limited funds for gaming. I've had to be creative in my attempts to keep my

gaming life alive. Below you'll find 5 ways I'd suggest you investigate if you'd like to be more successful in your attempt to game with little or no money.

5. Wait!
No gamer I've ever met wants to wait to play the latest and greatest game out there. I know I don't. But I do. Games are always the most expensive when they first come out. If you can wait a bit, at least three options become available that will save you money: 1) Buying them used at a game trading shop, 2) Buying from eBay, 3) Games eventually go on sale or are reduced in price at the local super mart.

4. Share!
If you must have it right away what's stopping you from splitting the cost with another gamer friend? You play then he plays. It'll take some teamwork and a trustworthy friend... but it's an option to consider.

3. Trade!I don't use game trading shops because I think they're a huge rip but I've heard of folks getting games for cheap by trading in other games they've played. I would never do this however because I'd rather...

2. Sell!I've had great luck selling my old games on eBay. Why should the game trading places get all the profit? Sure you have to wait a week or so for the game to sell for your payment... but it's worth it. Online auctions aren't your only option. I've posted ads to my co-workers (or you could have your Mom or Dad advertise for you if you're a kid) and sold stuff for an even higher profit. There's no fees to pay if you sell it yourself!

1. Bribe!Whether your a kid or someone's spouse... you can always find something someone else wants and is willing to pay if you can provide it. In my case, I'm trying to talk my wife into buying me an Xbox 360 if I agree to lose a bunch of weight. What can you think up? Will your mom buy you a game if you bring home some A's on your next report card? Will your wife give you guilt-free permission to buy a game if you give back rubs for a month? The sky's the limit guys! Use your mind for something more constructive than wishing!

No comments: