Monday, December 17, 2007

Save money and buy a Wii? I say no!

Some may think that buying a Wii to save money is a good idea. No its probably not! People who have no money like me for example tend to buy things that are cheap, A life lesson you will learn quickly is to not settle for something cheap and a low quality.. This could be the biggest waste of money if the item you bought breaks or is overwhelmingly boring.I am not saying a wii sucks because i personally enjoy the wii at party's. Anyway You first mistake would be buying a system because of its price. You should always buy a system primarily on what you want. A Wii for you not so serous gamers and adults, a Xbox360 for pretty much any one between the age 9-40 years old and the PS3 for rich gamers and hardcore gamers.

A Wii on average will cost your wallet about 250 solid dollars plus another 60 for each controller (w/ nun chuck) Ouch! Where a Xbox 360 is only around 280 dollars. I am no hater of the Wii but statistics do show a trend I have noticed as well. According to Famitsu, almost seven out of ten Wii owners aren't using the system at all! Some people are even calling the wii a fad with their only great hit being wii sports. Even more stats that seem to disagree with any thought of buying a wii is the number of games sold
“According to statistics from research firm NPD, and reported on tech.co.uk, Microsoft sell 7 games per Xbox 360 console sold, Sony sell 4 games per PS3, and Nintendo comes bottom of the class, selling only 3.44 games per Wii sold.” and the wii even comes with one of those.
From
http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/11/03/xbox-360-owners-buy-more-games-than-wii-and-ps3-owners/
What ever system you decide to buy for Christmas season let me know! Comment or subscribe to RSS or digg this story.
Thanks!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"a Xbox360 for pretty much any one between the age 9-40 years old and the PS3 for rich gamers and hardcore gamers."

Yes because the "rich" are the only ones who can afford an additional $50 for the hardware... and somehow you fail to mention that Live is $50/year let alone $100 extra for Wifi if you need that, or $100 for a clunky HD-DVD drive.

I wonder how much longer it will take for people to realize that the PS3 is actually CHEAPER to own than a comparable Xbox 360!

Allen said...

Yeah zamfir I changed it for you.I defentilty agree with you that the ps3 is a better deal. I geuss I still had that thought of like 600 dollars for a ps3. Thanks for that little mistake. Please don't stop criting!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... what can I say. I'm not into videogames. I don't know much about them. I'm aware that there's a whole subculture about it and they do have a lot of fun. But I guess it never reached me.

Anyway, I saw the wii on tv and I think is pretty cool.

bruma.tumblr.com/ (my blog)